Friday, January 6, 2012

On the Cusp of a New Year

On the cusp of a new year, I decided to do something different. Not a very special kind of different but, I wanted to cut my hair. And so I did. I got full straight bangs that's too short to be side-swept and had the bottom part layered. I really don't know what I was thinking, cos it made my round face look perfect - perfectly circular, that is (just like a full moon). But oddly enough, I like it.
                                                     
Christmas hair (with cousins)
                                                    
New year hair 


So, after the loud noises signaling start of the new (torturous) year (full of opportunities), I thought of what New Year's Resolution I should have. I came up with two:

1. Carpe diem.

                                        

I read somewhere that everyday, there is someone in the world who is planning what he'll be doing tomorrow. Not knowing that he will die today. I think that every day offers so much to each and everyone of us, and we have to make the most out of it right then and there, cos that opportunity might be gone the next day, hour or minute. 

2. Do more and be more (and sort of keep a balanced life).

 I have worked like a horse in the past year, in the hopes of fulfilling my career goals but at the end of it, I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. I haven't done as much volunteer work as I used to, I haven't had as much quality time with family and friends, I haven't tried as much new things as I wanted. And so I felt that my life was stagnant, everything was about work, my life boiled down to the job I had to do and whenever I experience a little hiccup- I feel like I failed miserably, not being able to find as much hope in other areas of my life as I should be able to. I need to find a balance among the different areas of my life because all these different areas teach me different things that would help me become a better person which would in turn make me better in all those different areas in my life.This year, I would do more, experience more and live life more. 

In closing 2011, a message to all my friends:

Hope everyone did what they wanted to do and said what they wanted to say, cheers to ending a year with no regrets. For all else, there's still 2012. haha! Together, let's all learn to love more, take more risks and do bolder things, im sure we'll all find greater happiness than we couldve ever imagined. Thank you for being a part of a fantastic year (and for helping me always see the silver lining in every dark cloud) couldnt imagine 2011 - and I refuse to imagine 2012- without you ♥


love,
drea