Sunday, July 24, 2011

it all comes down to food.


DESSERT COMES FIRSTTT



I have a habit of taking photos of the food I eat (or my friends'). I have collected a few already so I am sharing it here. And of course, dessert comes first!

When my friends and I went to Davao a few months back, we ate in this restaurant called Lachie's and they have the most amazing desserts! Better than Conti's or Banapple or any other dessert places I have tried in Manila. And Marvin sent us some treats from there a few weeks back. I got a slice of choco-vanilla cheesecake and an almond square. They were gone in a second!

Choco-vanilla cheesecake and almond square from Lachie's Davao.


amazing what you can do with chocolate and CBS. looove. with mallows, biscuits, fruits, bacon (or bacon!!), and what not. haha!

i love these tiny polvoron cupcakes with white chocolate on top. They have a store beside my office in Pasig. Quite pricey (at 35 a piece) but aren't the adorable angry bird characters worth it?



FINE DINING



My friend, Creselda, had this event for her school and she invited me to be one of her guests. It was a five course meal and it was nothing less than delightful. I got several servings of the dessert. but sshhhhh!



Puree of garlic roasted soup with black olive crostini and grilled prawn.

Grilled pork medallion and sweet potato mash
Banana walnut muffin, vanilla ice cream, butterscotch sauce with a hint of cream cheese.



SINGAPORE FOOD LAH.



Too bad I did not get a chance to try food from the hawkers when my girl friends and I visited Singapore a month ago. (I dint get to take much pictures either! was too excited to do so) But we did get several things right: Eat crabs at Jumbos, Universal Studios and Chinatown (loved Chinatown! went by there all my three days in Singapore. yes, I'm cheap like that!)


Clark Quay


black pepper crab




chilli crab

Be careful tho, they have this side effect that keeps those eating from talking for a whole hour.



LITTLE NOOK SOMEWHERE IN MARIKINA: Cafe Lydia




Cute ambiance, good food, big servings and relatively cheap.


this, if I remember correctly is chicken parmesan


beef salpicao


fish fillet with a tomato based paste on top with mozzarella on top. (yummy if you like tomatoes, which I don't, so it was a bit sayang)

I eat waaay too much! and I know I should cut down. But it's just to big a temptation for me to be able to resist!