Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sweets for the sweet at Chocolate Fire

I really miss working in Ayala Ave.- yes, traffic is hellish but everything is right there and everything is just so convenient. I think what I miss the most is getting to eat out in good restaurants for lunch or merienda every so often or pigging out after jogging in the evening in the beautiful Ayala Triangle (not to mention during Christmas season when the trees are full of lights!)

One of my favorite places in Makati is Chocolate Fire, it's about a 5-minute walk from LKG Tower and they have hundreds of chocolate products for you to try. Having a sweet tooth, I couldn't help but feel giddy everytime I walk into this place. But who wouldn't when you have so many chocolates to choose from? And given that Filipinos generally love chocolates, I think they will enjoy the high quality artisan chocolates that this place has to offer. 

It's quite pricey but this is expected from a specialty store as such. If I remember correctly, chocolate covered strawberries cost about 95Php and truffles for about 60Php a piece. They do have cheaper ones from 20Php also. Besides their chocolate selection, they also offer pasta, pastries, sandwiches and beverages like chocolate drinks, fruit juices and even wine. But I think that this is more of a desserts place, there are other restaurants in the vicinity for your main course.

Part of their chocolate display. Amazing, right?


Cake display


My favorites from the store are chocolate covered strawberries and dark truffles. I was able to try their chocolate covered bacon as well, I was quite hesitant at first because I didn't know how meat and chocolate would taste together. But the sweetness of the chocolate complements the saltiness bacon- this combination makes for an interesting taste.

Chocolate covered strawberries and dark chocolate truffles


This cake is very light, not too sweet. It's actually a good option for those who don't like sweets too much but in all honesty I'm not a big fan, I would really just splurge on the chocolates next time.



The ambiance is very laid back too, they have a couch where you and your friends could opt to stay while talking over dessert. I have only tried a few of their products but I love this place (and chocolates, of course) so I would definitely go there again to try the others.