Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Friends (just like the sitcom title)

I had such an eventful week, and a very tiring one too! I feel happy nonetheless, I got to hang out with different groups of friends - and this gave some color to my otherwise monotonous day to day routine- i missed all my friends during my confinement in one of the offices located in the outskirts of Pasig haha. I did however, spend a bit too much! I have to stop myself the next time I'm tempted to go to the mall during a sale. haha. Learning how to control my impulses, has always been difficult for me. At some point, I was so tempted purchase so many accessories from a store :O I know being financially responsible (and simply stingy) is part of being more mature and independent, but it's just so damn easy to give in.

I was fortunate enough to have been able to attend the 54th Manila Fame - an exhibit where all the top local accessories, furniture and other home furnishing companies feature their products and present them to potential buyers (for export). And since I love everything beautiful, I had to attend and see. My friend, Cham who works for CITEM, is one of the organizers of this event and she invited us (super thanks!) to see the awesome Filipino products featured there. We went around and bought accessories (mostly native) and to admire the different themes of the exhibit. Took the photos below using my iPhone. (only a few since we were technically not allowed to do so. oops.)


With my pretty friends, Cham and Ducky <3



Mood Indigo (our new favorite term!) - ocean, calm, serene. I would like my future house to take on this theme. 


Graffiti - mostly colors that pop out, it's very eye catching!



Loved this store! So many things to look at. 


Naturalist - earthly tones. 

The exhibit closed at 7pm, we decided to have dinner then to nailaholics for hand/foot spa and to just catch up with what's been happening to each other, gossip and joke around. I think that all three of us (maybe not Cham) have entered quarter life crisis, searching for some sense of fulfillment when it comes to our careers, and trying our hardest to figure out how the heck we're gonna do that. Oh, we're all still single too! haha, as to why, click here . (YES, I read this to make myself feel better- excuse me for being conceited) haha. 



We call the color combination Mood Indigo! 

I got home past midnight, and I had to go to work the following day, I was so tired but it was soooo worth it! (considering that we havent seen each other for months). We're planning to see each other again for our yearly Christmas dinner/bonding. haha (not that we're that far from each other, but our schedules won't permit us to meet regularly). So I really cannot wait!:)

Since, I had been talking about friends, I just would like to post some photos:


With my new found friend, Charm :) This was the Galleria sale where I bought some things which are very useful and a SWIMSUIT, a swimsuit!  in October! when there are a lot of typhoons ! I really don't know why I bought one also, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. haha


Cable Car + Kyss with my girlfriends. We so badly wanted to play beerpong! Sad that we, non-beerpong tournament competitors, were not allowed to. haha. 


With Charm and Grace, we came from a bridal expo! Cos cham is getting married, it's so exciting and seeing all the beautiful bridal stuff in the expo multiplied my excitement ten fold! I seriously can't wait to help her with more planning. :D 

With friends getting married, being content with how their progressing with careers, taking masterals, having that sense of fulfillment and having things turn out exactly the way they planned - or even better, is making me a tad bit envious (I am very happy for them, and I love all of them) but it makes me think what the future has in store for me, and I hope, with every fiber in my being that it will be just as good. But there is no way of knowing what's in store for me, and so I go back to this phrase every time:
God is good. And I trust in His plan for me.