Friday, August 26, 2011

Official Business Trip to Visayas:D

Meet the gang:
John (in white) - Key Accounts Officer
Jerry (in orange) - Executive Assistant to the President
Myself :D - muse. wahahaha
Jenny (in brown) - Key Accounts Officer

I was kind of hyped up when I found out that I was going on my first provincial trip for work. Especially since I haven't been to any of the provinces that we were going to visit. I was so giddy cos imagined the trip to be extremely fun and exciting. Well, it was a little bit. But man, was I tired.


Our first stop was in Cebu.

We had to proceed to work immediately but one of the highlights of our day would be our lunch in Casa Verde, price is very reasonable considering the size of the servings. And the food was really good also.




This was Johnny's food. but I think I ate most of it. Did I mention that I loooove shrimp?

Our flight got delayed for a couple of hours so we took this opportunity to drop by Magellan's cross and the Sto. Nino Church!

We visited the Sto Nino Church to take pictures and pray for a while. It's a very nice Church, the architecture is great, both inside and out. I love their chandeliers too, fancy! :)

After working with Cebuanos and talking to them or transacting with them inside the malls, I've realized how gracious and kind they are. And they have such a happy disposition, it's amazing. All the people I had to work with there were so pleasant and they made the trip more fun. :D So I was a bit sad that we had to leave so early.


Random photo. I just wanted to post it cos it looks nice :)

C'est dommage but we could only stay in Cebu for 2 days. We had to fly out on our third day to meet our schedule.

Our next stop was Ilo-ilo, where we met with our boss! He knows the best local restaurants and he loovess to eat! So we had A LOT of food. hihi.

Well hello, Ilo-ilo! It's a pretty province. With a lot of good food.
In front of Buto't Balat, one of the best local restaurants. These are John and Jerry. Trying to be merry :D haha


That night, 5 people ate 3 platefuls(like above) of oyster, 2 pots of kare-kare, 2 servings of liempo, sizzling bulalo, fried/breaded gizzard and bicol express! They were all really really good. I had to stop eating or I was going to explode!

Ilo-ilo is such a quaint town. A lot of old churches. But unfortunately, we did not have the time to visit them, i would have loved to. but oh well. We didn't get to do much there because of our tight schedule (besides eat, cos it's probably the only thing you can do after 7pm). But it was fun, You get to experience culture through food and talking to the locals. I really wanted to stay in Ilo-ilo for a while and go to the nearby Churches and museums but I had work to do so.... our next stop was Bacolod.

From Ilo-ilo, we took a boat (Supercat?) to Bacolod. At the port of which, I met Andre!!!!

Andre and Andrea!

He was such a cute old lazy doog! He sniffs bags when commanded to do so. But 80% of the time, he's just lying down somewhere.

The boat ride from Ilo-ilo to Bacolod took a little more than an hour but it was very comfortable; spacious, comfortable chairs, television (we watched White Chicks! but bitin :|) When we reached the Bacolod port, we got off the boat and when I entered the taxi, I realized that the pouch where my chargers are has been stolen! I was pretty upset because I checked my bag just before we got off to ensure that I had all my things, and I did. However to exit the boat, we had to pass by the "economy" seats area, where I think someone just reached into my bag and took the pouch(I had a Neverfull and so it dint have a zipper or whatnot. stupid mistake.). So when I got into the cab, it wasn't there anymore. Good thing they were just chargers. But still, i needed it for my phone and all.

So that experience dampened my spirit for a few hours. Until it was time to eat again :D heee. We had to work in the afternoon and ate dinner at Palapala after.

Palapala! It's sort of like Dampa.

Johnny Bravo with the Mameng fish.


Oh, this was the reason why I was sent to these provinces. I had to conduct product and brand presentations to the different personnel. Fun, a bit tough since most of them tend to forget that I don't know bisaya :D But getting the chance to work with people who have different cultures in their environment is such a learning experience. I came home dead tired but the trip was well worth it.

LAST: JUST TO GET BACK AT THEM!
I was so grumpy after our flight from Cebu to Ilo-ilo because these two won't stop taking pictures of me while I was sleeping. and the flash (THE FLASH! they dint even remove it:|) of their cameras kept waking me up! So here you go, John and Jerry! haha