Saturday, November 3, 2012

Artventure at Pinto :)


I get these random impulses to do things or visit places. Yesterday, it was a visit to the Pinto Art Museum which is about 15 minutes away from my house. My friends and I have been considering visiting for a while now but our schedules made it difficult to do so together. I never had the patience for scheduling/rescheduling so I just went on my own. 

Upon arriving though, I realized that going there by myself was not such a bad idea, it's the type of place where one can muse freely surrounded by everything beautiful. I think talking would take away something from the experience. The thing about places like this is that it always takes me to another place, or dimension, or world. haha! but seriously, it is so peaceful there that I forgot about all my worries for the few hours I stayed. 

Very few people were there when I visited, you can sit and stay in any corner at your pleasure. Bring a book to read, or your pen to write, or simply your imagination to dream. Cos this is the perfect place to do so :) 








The artworks were very modern, made using different mediums. The themes were quite varied but all very relate-able. I have never been that inclined to the arts (although I do looove everything b-e-a-u-tifuuul!!) but I was able to appreciate the pieces more than I expected. Each one of them takes you to a different place, showing different aspects of the Philippine society. 

Used my phone to take photos. Sorry :) 








Someone tell me why I like this painting a lot.  haha







My education says this is stupid (unless this refers to God). But I'm saying, I would like to date an artist. haha 



Much much nicer in person! 

Reminds me of Lady Gaga's stage sets :P



They have a cafe inside the museum. It's actually Bizu so they have the bestest raspberry macarons :) I read a couple of chapters of Poisonwood Bible and I think I'm going to like Ruth May Price very much. Her introduction goes "My name is Ruth May and I hate the Devil. For the longest time I used to think that my name was Sugar. Mama always says that Sugar, come here a minute. Sugar, now don't do that." 

Pinto Cafe



Going up the cafe 


I stayed til sunset. Definitely one of my most favorite places in Region 4A ;)