Sunday, July 1, 2012

My life and my lotus tea

I bought several packs of different flavors of tea from Ben Tanh when I was in Saigon. It wasn't until today that I got to try one of the variants - lotus tea. It's dried up in a ball when you buy it and it opens up when placed in hot water. It's good but a little too fragrant for my taste (but that's just me). I think i'll stick to my leaves for now. Flowers tend to have a distinct taste -almost sweet- that I just could not appreciate. 


On another note, the next two months are going to be quite eventful. I'll be visiting Cagayan de Oro, Puerto Princesa and the Bicol Region - And I'm also going mountain climbing (which will be a first!) with the Kayumanggi trails on Mt. Maculot.

I'm most excited our Puerto Princesa trip because I have been dreaming of going for years now. Firefly watching, underground river, pristine white sand beaches and drinks by the baywalk with two of my closest friends! I. CAN'T. WAIT!! excuse my enthusiasm, I live for these stuff haha. Cagayan and Bicol are for work though so I won't be having much time to myself.

The thing is, I would like to travel - wide and far. halfway around the world, to places that will make my brain explode because everything around is sooo new that it still needs to be learned. I want to be around people who does not speak any of the languages that I can. I wanna get lost in streets with signs I cannot even read. I wanna explore the world. I wanna meet people. Eat local delicacies. Take public transportation. I wanna get to know myself. I just really really want to travel.

The problem is, I think I am living beyond my means. I need to be more financially responsible. Can anybody help me with that? haha but what the hell, I'm 22. and you only live once... right? I can be mature when I turn 23 ;) I PROMISE.