Saturday, June 11, 2011

The good stuff


Sukiyaki for work! I'm starting to love cooking as much as I do baking. And my work is kinda perfect because I am handling the cooking line. So I get to test the recipes for our demos! tee hee I'm sharing the recipe for it below.

And of course, my first love, Baking!

Candies from Malaysia, they're almost too cute to eat!


SUKIYAKI RECIPE: (I got it from a site also but had made some changes)

Sukiyaki Ingredients:
1 medium-sized white onion, minced
1/2 kilo beef, sliced paper thin
7 squares tofu
Spinach
Sotanghon (or vermicelli)
Vegetable oil

Sauce:
5 cups hot water
1 square beef broth cube
12 tbsp sugar (or more if you want it sweeter)
15 tbsp soy sauce

1. Fill the steamboat with water and cook the sotanghon noodles. After the noodles have been cooked, drain them and place in a separate bowl.
2. While waiting for the noodles to cook. Dissolve broth cube in hot water,add sugar and soy sauce. Mix well then heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Set aside.
3. Put on low heat. Pour in 3 tbsp of oil then fry the onions until golden brown. Place it in one side of the pan.
4. Fry the beef until it is barely pink (add some oil if necessary). Once the beef is cooked, set it beside the onions.
5. Place the tofu on the remaining space on the pan. Pour in the sauce. Once it's boiling add the spinach then let simmer
6.Serve with noodles.