Sunday, August 19, 2012

Memories




The family decided to have a small get together. We had lunch at my grandparents' house and then proceeded to have drinks after dark. All night, we talked about our memories with our grandfather. And it was nice reliving all those with the group of people I shared them with. I had a great childhood, and how each of us wish we could relive the life we used to have when we were kids, even for just one day. What I would give for that. 

We went for drinks in a restaurant/bar called Gustav's. From the outside, it is not a place that I would personally go in to if I were with friends. But inside, it's so homely and almost vintage-y. To add to that, they have really great sisig- they serve it with green and red bellpeppers, cheese and egg. Their cheese sticks and sizzling button mushrooms are also decent. It's an ideal place to talk over drinks since the music isn't too loud and we stayed in one of their nipa huts which gave us some sort of privacy. It's one of the very few bars that have a comfortable ambiance which I was able to appreciate, especially during that evening. 




Plants in old mugs.

A stone throw away from Gustav's is The Cake Box, I brought my grandmother for some dessert here on another day. Their store is just so cute! There's just something about cupcakes that I love. We tried their red velvet, it was good. Not too sweet, I could still taste the cream cheese in their frosting which I really liked. I can tell it's been in their refrigerator for a day or two though. A fresh batch, I'm sure would have been perfect. 

It's also located right beside a nail spa and Moonleaf :) I like this place. 





I really enjoy dining in new places, especially with my family. Not only do I get to each delicious meals, it gives us a chance to catch up on each other's lives too - and just talk like good friends do.