Saturday, November 6, 2010

Graveyard cupcakes!

Baking is seriously an obsession for me! I celebrated my birthday last week and since a lot of the online recipe sites had the Halloween theme going on, I decided to make graveyard cupcakes! I just followed the basic chocolate cupcake recipe from cupcakeblog.com and the design instructions from allrecipes.com. My little cousin, Andoy helped me bake the first batch and he did almost everything for the second batch! And he also designed most of the cupcakes himself! It was cute, he had so much fun and was proclaiming himself the head chef!

I was so excited about the cupcakes, that I totally forgot that I was planning to bake a real cake! I was kinda bummed but my officemates, Reuel and Sunny gave me cakes the following Monday so my birthday was still complete!

Baking is quite easy especially since there are step by step recipes that we could follow online. But I am slowly learning techniques and little tweaks I can do to improve the recipe on my own! I have a long way to go but seriously, thank god for online recipes with reviews, ratings and comments!

My cousin took pictures of the finished product.

Fresh out of the oven! <3

With frosting
I loved the frosting! But I think I should've chilled it for like 3mins so that it would fully take the shape of the nozzle that I used, it was just too soft already.


GRAVEYARD CUPCAKES !! <3
I used red writing gel for the words. I was supposed to dip the graham cracker (tombstone) in white chocolate with gray food color (which I didn't have time to make)but it turned out okay, right?

I'm planning to make something more elegant next time. I want to use the same chocolate cupcake recipe (or maybe vanilla) but with strawberry frosting which would have more texture. It would look and taste exquisite!

Time to buy a new nozzle (or a set)!! 'til my next project!! <3